.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

No Pepper Games - A Fantasy Baseball Blog

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

First Post

No Jerry Maguire mission statement. No grand illusion of wisdom. Just some quick groundwork and a warning that I will mostly be bitching about my injury prone fantasy teams, writing pathetic smack talk only to quickly eat my words as my "brilliant" free agent pickups go the route of Jerome Walton and Bob Hamelin. Also, I'd like to preemptively apologize to any SABR disciples who may stumble upon this mess - I may at times post pathetically incorrect assumptions and projections, and I'm fine with that. If you're not, then move on. I read "Moneyball" and a couple chapters of a "Baseball Prospectus" a few years ago. Both were good reads, but the subject just didn't stick with me. I'll take my baseball subjective and contradictory, thank you very much. It suits me.

1 Comments:

  • Nicely done, Badger. Loved Dinosteve.

    The jury is still out on Juan Pierre though -- why would he become so worthless in just 2 months? Will you say the same thing about Mike Lowell, who is supposed to be a quick starter and a second half decliner? What about all those other players who have had slow take offs -- I dunno, Beltre, Beltran, etc. Are they all to be mercilessly dumped for a song? Look at that, Eric Chavez, Victor Martinez and even Bobby Abreu a few weeks before -- they should have all been burning at the stakes, with the shadow of a Mendoza-like ogre looming over them all.

    Ryan Freel you say? Hummmmmmmmm ... I think Pierre's better numbers are ahead of him. The body is still warm -- don't call in the morgue just yet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:50 PM, June 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home