.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

No Pepper Games - A Fantasy Baseball Blog

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Fantasy Baseball: Yahoo Average Draft Positions 1-12

And as promised, I present the first part of my findings of average draft positions on Yahoo (all leagues are 12 team, 5x5 Roto). I specifically excluded any drafts where there was an obvious homer, or someone who just plain didn't know what they were doing.

The number after the player's name is their average draft position.

1. Á. Rodríguez 1.1
2. A. Pujols 2.1
3. V. Guerrero 3.5
4. M. Teixeira 4.6
5. M. Ramírez 5.6
6. Jo. Santana 6.5
7. D. Ortiz 7.5
8. D. Lee 7.7
9. M. Young 11.5
10. C. Crawford 12.2
11. Mi. Cabrera 12.6
12. D. Wright 12.9


People seem to be very big fans of Michael Young. I am, but I don't think I could draft him in the first round - there is just too much SS talent out there (I've been getting Crosby and Barmes very late in drafts, and haven't looked back).

And I haven't received a single link yet to acquire more data. The only thing holding these charts down is the fact that they account fairly strongly for drafts that I have drafted in - so there is a strong No Pepper Games bias. The more outside data I get, the better the numbers. So feel free to post those public league links (c'mon, they're public - I'm not out phishing for e-mail addresses).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home