.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

No Pepper Games - A Fantasy Baseball Blog

Monday, June 13, 2005

Weekend in Review

So much power this weekend, so much of it on my bench.

No, I didn't have Hee Sop Choi sitting on my bench - he's nice and comfortable on the free agent market waiting for some chump to pick him up. I don't think he's a bad player - he has a lot of potential (I mean, other than his .123 average against lefties). It's just that he's always been a slow starter, he never gets the chance. Even platooning him gets him off-rhythm.

Anyway, I was one of the owners waiting out the slumps on Sosa, Finley and Preston Wilson. All of them broke out this weekend, all of them did so on my bench. Unfortunately, this is the league where I just don't have the room to put them in. Something has to give - and no one is going to want to trade for them. Speaking of which, if you're in need of some pop, go out and make an offer on these guys. All three could be had on the cheap right now.

Does anyone out there have information on how many homeruns were hit during this interleague stretch? Seems to me that pitchers (except for Roy Oswalt) were just getting slammed all weekend.

I didn't catch the game, but I did see some highlights - is Barry Zito's curveball back? He was doing unnatural things to that ball in the clips I saw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home