.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

No Pepper Games - A Fantasy Baseball Blog

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Fantasy Baseball: Saved!

No, this will not be about the Colorado Rockies and their newly-announced hiring/scouting policy. I have some pretty strong feelings about this, but I'll let their 28-30 record speak for itself.

I will, however, keep it within the NL West. Last night, Eric Gagne earned his first save since last June. I don't believe he's available in many leagues. I recommend selling him as soon as you can. We've seen plenty of saves come out of the free agent pool in fantasy this year (like every year). Names like Kenny Ray, Tyler Walker, JJ Putz, Akinori Otsuka, and (most valuably) Jonathan Papelbon.

The name I suggest you target is Alex Rios. The kid is for real, has been picked up in most leagues from the FA pool as a 3rd or 4th OF (I have him as a Utility player in a few leagues), and quietly (very quietly) is putting together a great season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home