.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

No Pepper Games - A Fantasy Baseball Blog

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

NoPepperGames: Buck O'Neil for HoF

Normally, Jeff Passan's Yahoo Sports column is an interesting read. Today, the article "Biking for Buck" is an essential read. I'll let Jeff's words regarding the four individuals biking from Seattle to Kansas City speak for themselves.

Actually, I'll go a bit further. I just donated a small $10 donation to their cause. It seems the four are running out of money, and have just 10 more days to get to Kansas City. Their website, www.ThanksBuck.com, accepts PayPal donations. Any extra funds will be directed to the Buck O'Neil Education and Research Center, a most worthy cause.

So I challenge my incredibly small (but loyal!) readership to match my commitment, and forward this on to the rest of your fantasy leagues. Having had met Buck O'Neil in person is an honor I will always remember - he's an incredible man, whose omission from last year's Hall of Fame inductions will forever be a mar on the game of baseball, at least until rectified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home