.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

No Pepper Games - A Fantasy Baseball Blog

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Fantasy Baseball: Break It Down Now!

I managed to push all of my active rosters onto an Excel file to play with what I managed to get myself into this season. The results are, I have a feeling, interesting only to myself. But since you're reading, clearly you've become infatuated with my day-to-day.

The Top Ten (teams owned in paren. - 17 total)
Willingham (10)
Hermida (9)
Tracy (8)
Weeks (8)
D. Cabrera (7)
Blanton (6)
Delmon Young (6)
Granderson (6)
M. Cabrera (6)
Valverde (6)

Clearly I think way too highly of Delmon's chances of being promoted. Three of those are in either keeper leagues or REALLY deep leagues, so that's my excuse there. D. Cabrera and Granderson were taken near the end of nearly every draft, unless I took them off the FA pool.

By Position
C: Willingham (10)
1B: Helton (5)
2B: Weeks (8)
3B: Tracy (8)
SS: Barmes/Crosby (tie @ 5)
OF: Hermida (9)
OF: Delmon (6)
OF: Granderson (6)
UT: Shelton (4)

SP: Blanton (6)
SP: Kazmir (3)
RP: Valverde (6)
RP: Gonzalez (5)
P: Haren (3)
P: Turnbow (4)
P: Ray (4)

What does this say? Absolutely nothing. Okay, it may say that I didn't overvalue players too badly by overreaching for Derrek Jeter in the first couple rounds like Yankee fans are wont to do. I did have a few favorite go-tos, but they were taken at value in the mid- to late-rounds. Picks like Weeks, Crosby and Tracy were routinely met with "Crap!" or "Dammit, NoPepper!" during drafts, so I'll take it on the word of complete strangers in an online applet that I done good.

One Hit Wonders
C: Martinez
1B: Pujols
2B: Utley
3B: Wright
SS: Young
OF: Guerrero
OF: A. Jones
OF: Ichiro
UT: Tejada

Wow, this means even less. The only thing this alerts me to is the fact that three of those players are all on one team (Utley, Vlad and M. Young - all keepers). I love those players! I wish I had more of them on other teams. Damn.



For those in multiple leagues, anybody you've found yourself drafting fairly regularly?

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger NoPepperGames, at 11:41 PM, April 15, 2006  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger NoPepperGames, at 5:04 PM, April 16, 2006  

  • C - Brian McCann I have in almost all my leagues, except for the one where Jorge Posada inexplicably fell to the 15th round.

    Jhonny Peralta and Jorge Cantu are two guys I have been overvaluing and taking too high in all my leagues...

    Moises Alou has been the most consistently sweet deal... Nobody wanted him for some odd reason.

    Turnbow, Mike Gonzalez, Juan Rincon: these are my boyz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 AM, April 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home