.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

No Pepper Games - A Fantasy Baseball Blog

Monday, April 02, 2007

Fantasy Baseball: Play Ball!


The long winter is over, and spring has begun.

The 2007 Major League Baseball season began with Jose Reyes grounding out to first, and the first hit was grittily recorded by a tenaciously hustling David Eckstein as the Mets went on to pound Chris Carpenter for the win last night.

I can't tell you how excited about this season I am. I've drastically reduced the number of leagues I'm in this year, and I feel good about all of them. (Last year I was drawn entirely too thin, and suffered a bit of burnout by August.)

I've also become a bit of a stock-watcher over at RotoHog. The prices are fascinating to me. Who would have thought that Albert Pujols would have skyrocketed that much overnight? Why haven't people caught on to the fact that SP-eligible Jonathon Papelbon is the most valuable player in the league (it's a points league, folks - you want to maximize the number of points per inning pitched, and with the scoring setup, closers dominate from the mound. You want as many relief innings pitched as you can possibly get, and Papelbon gets you an extra arm to do so. This is why I creamed the opposition back when Danny Graves was an SP-eligible closer.).

2 Comments:

  • As this is my first season playing fantasty baseball I am very excited about the season. I found your blog trying to find more info to improve my team.

    By Blogger LennyP, at 2:13 AM, April 08, 2007  

  • Hi,

    Thanks for giving such information about baseball, It is not uncommon to find fantasy managers who actively participate in multiple fantasy baseball leagues every season.

    By Anonymous Boxbaseball, at 4:42 AM, October 29, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home